mission of Robert Smalls International Academy, a school committed to
excellence in education, is to provide challenging educational
opportunities for students so they become active, passionate, life-long
who in turn become caring, reflective, open-minded, members of our community and the larger world.
We believe. . .
- All students are capable of learning when given the opportunity to be taught significant and relevant material.
- Everyone has the right to dignity, respect and fair treatment.
- Everyone has a right to a safe, supportive and caring learning environment.
- A variety of teaching methods is essential to facilitate student learning and motivation, while meeting the individual student’s needs and learning styles.
- Students are entitled to a variety of experiences that place the learner at the center.
- Inquiry is vital in the development of a life-long learner.
- Technology is a tool for teaching and learning.
- All stakeholders share responsibility for support of the school’s mission.
- Developing a community of learners will inspire, motivate and focus the work of our school, uniting us in a common purpose.
Smalls International Academy values everyone’s right to inquire,
create, and achieve as we build a legacy by educating students to make a
positive impact on their communities and the world.